Early 80s Bicycle Trailer Resto









I found this early 80s bicycle trailer for carrying two children and I am going to restore and use. I have already started working on it....I am repainting the sun bleached hull glossy black and then I will remove the rust from the wheels and replace any broken components. Overall in nice shape...the tires even aired up! I found this old bicycle trailer chunked in a huge dumpster in the back part of my neighborhood and saved it! I will also be adding some safety items as well such as a flag and a LED rear reflector. Very cool find and neat resto project! More to come!

Update: I restored the trailer....I repainted in glossy black and added a water bottle holder, push horn, auto ID tag as well as a safety flag! :) Nice find!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hi Greg, Nice job!
Do you know who makes that trailer?
I have the frame for one of those and need a hitch part.
I seem to remember it had a silver sticker on the plastic body with the company name on it.
Thanks for any help Ken.
Anonymous said…
Hi Greg, Nice job!
Do you know who makes that trailer?
I have the frame for one of those and need a hitch part.
I seem to remember it had a silver sticker on the plastic body with the company name on it.
Thanks for any help Ken.
Greg said…
I wish I had the makers name for you. I lucked out and found this vintage buggy kicked to the curb and awaiting the trash truck in my neighborhood. Luckily, the hitch part came with it but I bet you could easily get one made. Let me know if you need pictures. Cheers!
Anonymous said…
I picked one of these up off the curb the other day. The sticker gives a phone number of 1-800-242-6110 which tracks back Instep - www.instep.com - they didn't have any info on this trailer on their website though.
Anonymous said…
I messed up the website for Instep ... it should be www.instep.net
Unknown said…
Hi Greg,
I am in the process of restoring the exact same trailer. Just curious, what kind of paint did you use on the plastic? This is my first attempt at something like this, any tips/tricks on the best way to prepare for paint, remove rust, etc.?

Thanks!
Greg said…
If you can believe it I used Rustoleum glossy black paint...the paint really adheres to the plastic and still looks good! Try it....the paint lays flat on the surface and there is nice solid coverage! I have an extra bicycle attachment for this trailer if anyone needs it...I have a reasonable price on it. Cheers!
Anonymous said…
The trailer make/model is a Huffy Aerocruiser.

Popular Posts