Vintage 1983 Schwinn World Sport 12 Speed Resto








At last, I finally found a "nice" 12 speed bike that I can rebuild. I found this one in my neighborhood thrown away in a trash bin. I saw the rear wheel sticking out of the bin and luckily I could get to it. Overall, I am basically starting with a bike which is 70% complete...missing a few components and the front wheel but I can fix that. The frame is nice and the paint and decals look as though they just came from the store! These shots are after a bit of cleaning. I removed a ton of weeds from the crank area and from the rear wheel. I guess someone had stored it outside for a short time. The front fork ends were covered in mud which took some time to clean up...nothing water and WD40 can't take care of. I have quite a few really nice parts which are going on this bike which I have collected over the past 2 years. All the parts I am using on this resto are pieces I have found aside from the front wheel which I currently do not have...I might get lucky and find one on Ebay on the cheap. Here are a few pictures to start...more to come on this project! Check back!

Comments

joffyjoe said…
Very interesting blog and you did a great thing when you recollect the product from trash box and you tried to restore it. It is really deserves appreciation. I Like this blog .
Peter Joe said…
Very interesting article which tells about the passion towards the bike and your neighborhood thrown a bike in to trash board, that's why you got that. You really deserves appreciation. I like this beautiful blog.

Popular Posts