1983 BMX Cycle Pro Bike Resto













I found this old Cycle Pro E/S Mag Freestyle Bicycle last week kicked to the curb and decided to restore it after I did some research. The old BMX bikes have picked up lot of momentum in the last several years in terms of value. This old BMX is worth around $300-$400! Reason enough to clean it up and get it back on the road! I have enough spare parts laying around to resurrect this one back to its former glory! Check out the double bars and the oval shape frame below the seat. I have never seen one like this. This takes me back in time to the 80s when BMX bikes were the craze! I guess it never went away! I have all the components for this one and have already replaced the pedals with some NOS ones I have had tucked away. After I wrestled with the wheel bolts for 2 days I finally managed to get them off...just needed a lot of penetrating oil and a little persuasion. I have the wheels and bolts cleaned and ready for rubber which is coming from the donor bike pictured. The only thing I have to purchase is a new seat and maybe one tube. I bought a quilted BMX seat off of Ebay for $8 and the tube will be a few dollars more. This is a great investment....give it a few more decades and this old bike will really be worth a lot more! Thumbs up for a great find and fun resto! Check back for updates! More to come...

Comments

Popular Posts