Vintage Sears Break Away Bike Resto





I bought this vintage Sears break away bike off of Ebay for $50 and love it! I plan on doing a complete resto. The original wheels were rusted beyond belief and I was worried about them coming apart while riding so I replaced them with a set of wheels and tires from another bicycle which I found a few weeks back...fits perfect! I also removed the front and rear fenders which were trashed. After I am through sanding the frame I will repaint in Rustoleum Avocado green and finish with a clear coat. I also need to get the chain replaced as it was missing. Overall, really neat parts swap meet bike! :) More to come.

Decided to keep the original black paint..nice patina! I have replaced the chain and the bike is now actively ridden! :) Fun little bike! I also found out that Sears marketed this bike under the name, "Tote Cycle". Few updated pictures...

Comments

Unknown said…
Nice resto. I like the subtle splash of colour you have going on. Cool. Hope you're still riding it.

Popular Posts