Vintage Shop Craft Jig Saw

I won this vintage Shop Craft jig Saw on Ebay for $2.50! I think this is a steal! I do not know much about it yet so here is the sellers description in the meantime. When I receive I will clean it up and oil and post some better pictures of this unit. "Up for auction is a vintage Shop-Craft model no. 9581 power jigsaw. It comes with the original box. It looks to be in good working order but I did not plug it in to check. It's been in a tool shed for many years. It still has the manufacturer's serial number plate on the back of the unit. It was manufactured by PORTABLE ELECTRIC TOOLS, INC. in Geneva, Illinois."

Comments

Anonymous said…
THis is a Great Saw. Mine was my Grand Fathers. It gets hot if you run it for a while. I am thinking about opening it up and and re- Oiling or Graseing it to help keep it cool. the best Oil I have ever used is Slick 50 from ACE Hardware, fantastic stucf and it Last for every on what ever you put it on. I am looking for a brake-down of the saw so I'll have a better Idea on what to expect whenI open it up. this is the Streigtist cutting Jig saw I have ever used.
Robert
rjarrard@aol.com

Popular Posts