Vintage Oreck Repaired

I found this vintage Oreck vacuum cleaner a few weeks ago and saved it from the trash truck because I liked the lines of the old cleaner. I found that the center handle connector was broken in half. I checked the vacuum out and found it to be in nice working condition otherwise so my plan to save and put back into action was set in motion. I found a company named VacParts that stocks NOS vacuum cleaner parts and bought a new connector for 12 bucks. It took a week to get the part and it fit like a glove. Disassembly was easy enough...one push clip and the old connector was off and the new connector was back on. It took a little time to get the push connector back in place but it finally did snap. One also has to disassemble the bag assembly as well from the inside out to replace the handle connector. Remove the C clip and you are in business! After the repair I took the vacuum apart and complete cleaned and replaced the vacuum bag. I got really lucky as my new/old vacuum still has the original manual with it as well as 3 or 4 new bags so it really helped in repairing and getting info on the part I needed. Overall, really neat vacuum which is light as a feather and east to store for a change. As luck would have it, I found a 2nd Oreck vacuum last night which is pretty much the same model just a different handle. What are the odds? I will be sure and disassemble this one as well to troubleshoot the problem and will ta
ke pictures to document. Sorry for the photo quality as it was hot outside and my camera does not like inside pictures. More to come...

Comments

Popular Posts