9/22/12 McKinney Bicycle Haul

I sold my '37 Raleigh bicycle last night for crazy money and made $1500 so it was time to replenish the stables and pick up a few vintage bikes. My son and I made a trip to Mckinney to check out a seller's stall as he runs a scrap yard and he gets some vintage bikes in occasionally. We lucked out today and he was there with several bikes. I ended up buying 4 bikes in all. A nicer vintage Tomos Mini fold away which does not need anything other than cleaning and new tires/tubes, a 40s girl's West Point 24" bike which needs a repaint and seat recovered, an unknown pre WWII bicycle which needs sanding, repaint, new seat and handle bar help and a very well used 70s Hawthorne girls 24" Muscle bike which needs just about everything. All of these bikes will be really good winter season projects and I look forward to the gratifying work to come. Hopefully, I will be able to pick up a few more project bikes in the next few months to keep me busy during the winter season. Overall, I am pleased! I still cannot believe that I sold my Raleigh for $1500!! I only had $200 in it so it was an excellent deal. A few pictures for you.....check back for updates! Happy biking!

Comments

Popular Posts