Project Hawthorne Update

Well it was time for an update on Project Hawthorne! I found a really cool seat to add to this frankenstein bike and what can I say...the bike is cool!  I like the patina, history and overall general look of the bike!  It may not look like it but every single part was gone through.  I tried to save as many of the original components of the bike right down to bolts which were worked over as well. The ape bars were just too far gone and I was scared that the rust had fatigued the metal too much so I replaced with Bontrager race bars which fit like a glove. All that is left is to install the chain and presto...another bike back on the road!  Total investment including purchase price is $36. This bike will get a lot of use in the family! Nice!  :)


Comments

Popular Posts