Garage Work Table Resto

Work Table Update.....Today I put the finishing touches on the work bench...I recessed the foot rest to be able to place a bench seat under the table and also recessed the steel lower shelf to make it flush with the lower frame.  I removed the pull out drawer and also the plywood off the top frame and replaced the  top with 6 pieces of red oak.  Looks very nice!!!  The frame was painted gray to prevent staining.  Another project completed! I now turn my attention to a nice little work table which I found last weekend....I will post soon!  Enjoy the finished table!







Ok...I had the great 2013 Garage Clean Out and Clean Up and decided to modify and perfect my work table.  I am replacing the work surface with hardwood oak attained from an old bookshelf and plan on recessing the front foot brace as well as the metal shelf on the bottom end.  After I am done with frame modifications I am going to use light gray door paint to paint the frame and will leave the natural oak wood surface alone for contrast.  Exciting project! I will be sure and post pictures throughout the process.


Comments

Popular Posts