Business/Estate Sale Haul and Vintage Craftsman Toolbox Resto

Well I lucked across a business estate sale in Denton, Tx a few days ago and made a haul for $60.  $60 bucks bought me 3 vintage gas push







edgers, 2 large boxes of dates vintage tools, 2 toolboxes and an ancient Homelite seedeater.  One of the edgers is a whipper snapper made in Bonham, Tx which is not far from where I live!  I plan on getting all the edgers going and sell two of them.  The chainsaw is a keeper and the tools have already been sorted in the keep and scrap piles.  The two toolboxes were thrown in the deal for free.  I like the Craftsman box and have started resto work on it.  I am taking it down to bare metal to get a clean surface for a repaint.  This old box is rusty crusty!  I am using a wire wheel on a drill to work the surface over and have managed to dolly out the large dents.  I am not going to spend too much time on the dolly work as I am not working on an exotic car. :)  The box would not even shut when I got it....I have the lines of the box meeting again and now she opens and shuts with no problem.  I will be sure and post more pictures as I move along.  I am only working in the mornings in the garage now as the Texas heat is just too much to bear.  During winter I plan on insulating the attic above the garage and installing an AC unit through the wall...that should cool things off! In the meantime..Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts