Project 1986 Alpine Mountain Bike

I found this 1986 Alpine mountain bike over a year ago kicked to the curb and saved it from the garbage truck. The bike was a mess and had a broken right pedal and the cog was toast.  I finally have accumulated enough various parts to piece this bike back together.  I decided to start with the handle bars. I chunked the rusty steel bar which weighed a ton and replaced with a Bontrager aluminum bar and cleaned and reinstalled the trigger shifters and brake handles. To finish out the job, I installed new ergonomic bar grips.  This grips will keep my hands from getting so fatigued on the trails next spring. Overall, the bike is stating to come together.  I scrounged up some 26" wheels and will soon have new rubber and tubes on it. More to come on this project.







Comments

Popular Posts