OverHead Storage Bottom Cover Project

I was cleaning up the garage today and stowed away I found a small piece of tin which I had forgotten about.  I have been wanting to cover up the skeleton support for my overhead garage storage so I thought this would be an excellent opportunity to figure out how to cut sheet metal without warping the tin.  Luckily I have a sharp pair of tin snips so I measured, marked and patiently started to cut.  To cut in a straight line with tin snips you have to make pie cuts, otherwise you will not be able to get the angle on cuts longer than 4 or 5 inches.  After a bit of work this is what I have thus far.  I am taking my time to avoid injuries and to get a straight line.  Saturday I plan on finishing up the project and will post some updated pictures.


Comments

Popular Posts