Bandit Muscle Bike Handle Bars Resto

I did a trade deal for a Smokey and the Bandit bicycle a while back and have just now been able to find the time and space to restore the handle bars. I have removed the bars from the rusty/crusty bike and have manage to sand down about half with a wire wheel.  My plan is to get the bars as clean as possible and then respray glossy black and put on my 24" Hawthorne muscle bike which I am restoring for one of my children.  The rest of the Smokey and the Bandit bike is currently for sale on Craigslist...I reinstalled a set of ape hangars which seems to fit the bike.  I originally bought the bike due to the unusual handle bars.  I typically have some sort of vision for a bike when I purchase...even if it is just a single part. I will post pictures of the finished product once I have resprayed and installed on the Hawthorne. More to come.......

03/30/14 I sold the Curved bars today after I resprayed and mounted on my old 60s Hawthorne bicycle.  I ended up selling 5 of my vintage bikes to a collector today and did very well! :)  I have now reduced my bicycle collection down to 5 bikes total! I now have room in the garage!!! :)


Comments

Popular Posts