Sears Air Compressor Fix Refurb Resto

I have had this old Sears air compressor for year and what I love about this tool is it is AC powered which is hard to find! The past few years I have had trouble with a short in the original switch so I decided to take the compressor apart and install a new switch. It is not beautiful by any stretch of the imagination but it gets



the job done. Besides, I will take function over form any day of the week! :)  I cracked the case open and operated on the wiring a bit. The original switch literally fell apart as the case we disassembled.  I pulled the power and ground wire leads out and cleaned up the ends, installed new wire connectors and installed a new power switch.  I still have a bit more work before I have this back in service so I will update when I am finished.  Here are a few pictures showing when I am at this point.  In short...I am trying to save this compressor from going to the local dump!  The average person would just junk this but I am trying to avoid the throw away society approach.

Comments

Popular Posts