Return to Restoration!!! :)

With the finalized restoration of my son's 1982 Volvo 244 I finally get to return to restorating various objects...bicycles, furniture, road side finds! :)  My son and I had a great time over the last year restoring the Volvo!!! The restoration of the '82 is complete and the '81 parts car is now gone so I now have tons of room!  When the car restoration started I made room in my garage by liquidating 95% of my bicycle collection and also got rid of the growing  "bicycle junk yard" on my property. I have never looked back and was ready to let it all go.  I will not accumulate more bikes again but I do have plans of perfecting my bicycle repair skills by working on the few that I still have as well as helping others get their bikes back on the road.

After learning a ton about car restoration the return to bicycles will be an easy transition from a mechanical point of view.  Over the last 3 months I have cleaned out my garage and slimmed down to just to the best of what I have. I have sold the desks I had in the garage as well as repeat tools, nicks/nacks as well as various unused toolboxes. It still amazes me how much one person can accumulate over the years.  Accummulating is easy...getting rid of stuff is way more difficult! :) Less stuff=more space!!  Having so much room and quality time has definitely grown on me and I have enjoyed sitting back and enjoying a slower pace! This summer my plans for the garage include installing a window for my AC unit for the unbearable Tx heat and having more insulation blown in the attic above the garage. I also have plans to install better lighting as well as the installation of two new electric wall plugs in the garage.

To kick start off the return to restoration here is a cool little toolbox which has been sitting on the shelf of my garage for years. Rusty and neglected sums up this nifty little Tote! I sanded it down and hit it with a couple of fresh coats of Rustoleum glossy red.  I am going to use this toolbox to keep my common bicycle repair tools handy on the shelf of my mobile work bench.  Check back soon for the next update! Cheers!



Comments

Popular Posts