Jewelry Cabinet Resto






Found this cabinet kicked to the curb in my neighborhood. Someone used clear tape to keep the drawers shut while moving I am assuming. When the tape was removed the finish went along with it. I guess the owners threw it out due to this problem. No problem for me...I am going to refinish this! I am presently working on stripping the wood down and will refinish in a Walnut stain. I also have brass drawer pulls (also found) which I am going to use on this. Will be a nice piece of furniture for the house after I am done.

Update: 7/28/08: I have started with the sanding process...slow going due to an enormous amount of tape which was put on this thing! I have changed my plans and decided to repaint in antique white and distress to match our chester drawers rather than re-staining it. We do not want all dark furniture in the house. More updates soon!

Update:9/5/08: I finished the cabinet resto. I decided against painting it. Instead I sanded the original finish and highlight sanded raised surfaces to achieve an antique look. Looks AWESOME! Great deal for a piece of furniture which was kicked to the curb! Sorry for the grainy pictures! My digital camera is over 6 years old and does not take pictures very well in low light. I make do with what I have...:)... Check the pictures out!

Comments

Popular Posts