Making something Cool out of something uncool Resto





This is my latest project. I ran across a pair of really hideous antique end tables which had been kicked to the curb so I snagged them. I have taken the top shelf off of one of them and will restore into a neat little end table. Lots of work to do including filling 6 holes, sanding down to bare hard wood and repainting. I am going to repaint in antique white. It will look amazing when I am done. Check back for updates!

Update 8/7/08 I am sanding the table down to bare wood..not an easy task as this table has been painted a few times. Originally stained then painted white and then painted dark brown. Loads of layers to sand through. I have acquired some wood filler to fill the holes on the top stemming from the top shelf which was removed. The wood filler is stainable so we shall see how that turns out. It is steadily moving along. More updates soon!

Comments

Popular Posts