Old Motorcycle Tool box Resto





My newest project which I am going to restore and use on my trailer to carry tie downs. This is from an old 60s model Honda motorcycle. I plan on repainting the housing in glossy rustoleum black and polish out the chrome. A before pic.

Update 9/7/08: I currently have this tool box disassembled and have already polished out the chrome cap...looks brand new. The surface rust came right out with chrome polish packing. For really stubborn surface rust on chrome use a light grade mesh pack..you will probably be left with chrome pits if the rust is deep after removal. Be prepared to polish a few times as well to remove light scratches and to protect the metal. More updates soon!

Update 9/20/08: I finished the resto on the motorcycle took boox...looks brand new! I sanded down to bare metal and repainted in Rustoleum light blue....then reassembled. Pictures coming soon!

Comments

Popular Posts