Vintage Tool Box with Tools Resto









Snagged another tool box filled with vintage tools off of Ebay...Nice resto project! I am going to sand to bare metal and paint inside and out with glass black rustoleum paint! Quite the load of tools! ;0

Update: 04/10/09 I now have all the tools and the tool box. The tool box dates back to the 20s and is a cantilever system. I am keeping the tool box because it is in excellent shape for its age. I sanded the entire box down attacking all signs of rust. I was going to repaint in Rustoleum black but ended up only painting the bottom of the box where there was surface rust. I am leaving the rest of the box along. The old sanded down green paint has a nice patina to it.

I am also working my way through all the tools. I am restoring some and others I am setting aside for my next garage sale. About 80% of the tools date back to the 20s and 30s. Some of them are dated. I found 2 calipers one which is marker "London" The London caliper is worth the price of the entire lot of tools including the box! Nice deal for $30!

Comments

Popular Posts