Age of Inventia
















Well we were coming home from the grocery store and it is the day before trash pickup and low and behold my neighbor was throwing out two weedeaters!!!! I unloaded all the groceries and walked over in the alley way and causally strolled away with them...:)

After looking them over I discovered that one of them is a nice edger which was complete aside a missing gas cap and the broken throttle cable. I took the throttle cable guard off and rigged up a way to control the throttle then shot some gas in it and it fired right up and works great! My edging is going to be perfect from now on...Thumbs up!
The green weed eater was fairly trashed...it was missing a lot of body parts and guards so I disassembled the entire until and salvaged the working motor out of it. I thought I might sell it on Ebay or turn it into some sort of future project! The motor works great and fired up as well!
UPDATE: 7/6/07....the weed eater motor is currently on Ebay starting at $9.99...lets see if I get a bid!
Update 7/11/07....I bought a new gas cap ($2.50) and a oil gas mixture kit ($6) for the edger at Home Depot...it works great! It will be due for a blade change soon so I am hoping the weed eater motor I found sells on Ebay and then I will purchase the new blade! Very nice edger though..sells for roughly $250 at Home Depot! :)
Update 7/13/07....weed eater motor didnt sell on Ebay for $9.99 so I relisted it @$5.99....if it doesnt sell then I will relist it at a later date.
Update 7/15/07....Finally! I have a bid on the weedeater motor...starting at $5.99! Thumbs up!
UPdate 7/20/07....SOLD! $5.99! Not bad for something out of the trash! :)
Update 11/1/07....I sold the other eadger motor for $19.99 and the cutting blade for $10.99! Not bad for something out of the trash! :)

Comments

Popular Posts