Antique Flywheel Motor Resto

This is one of the strangest things I have ever found but the craftsmanship is amazing! It appears to be a hand crafted flywheel motor made out of brass and aluminum of unknown origin. I can just picture someone engineering and crafting this on their metal lathe. The motor does create compression and the old "Salty" sea dog I bought it from said it was old! I think this piece has 2 cams running off of the camshaft but I am not absolutely certain...at some point someone plumbed air pressure outlets out the side so who knows the original purpose of this motor. The flywheel is 2 1/2 inches in diameter and judging by the holes along a section of the rim it appears to have been balanced. All I know for sure is that this is true hand crafted Americana and is a really neat addition sitting on my desk. The motor is 5x3x3 overall and weighs a little over 2 pounds. Really neat find for Vintage Restoration!

Comments

Popular Posts