Vintage bike from Holland Resto

I lucked out this morning and bought this vintage bike from Holland off of a scrapper. I got it cheap and am I excited to have this bike!!!! The bike is complete and just needs a lot of cleaning! Even came with the original bike frame pump, two rear panniers, rear wheel bike lock with key and also came with a vintage presta air pump in one of the panniers! What a find! I have had really good luck the past few weeks buying bicycles from junkers! Check out the rear splash guards and chain cover! They are perfect! With a little bit of cleaning this will be a very nice European bicycle! By the way...this bike is not for sale just in case someone is thinking about asking...:) Of course, I said that about my Raleigh right before I sold it for $1500 a few weeks back! :) Absolutely incredible find!

Comments

Johnny said…
Great Find! That should bring in about $300 locally, but a lot more if you sell it in uptown. Powder coat it in gloss black and I don't see why you couldn't get 1k for it.
Johnny said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Greg said…
No need to powder coat...I cleaned it up today and the paint and finish is near perfect! :) Still has the glossy clear coat throughout. I looked the bike up and the going price is around $1200 without all accessories so I think this one would command more than that. I am hanging on to this one....:) I will post clean up pictures of the bike as soon as the rain stops. More pictures to come.....
Johnny said…
How's it going on this project? I finally posted a blog with my roadster that I plan on restoring. Let me know if you come across any more of these types of bicycles as I can probably buy one off of you to use for parts in my restoration. Check out my latest blog entry and you'll see the bike I just got.
Greg said…
I tuned it up and spent several hours cleaning!! Looks like a brand new bike now....:) I will try to post some updates on the blog. You will be shocked how nice it is!! :)

Popular Posts