Bedliner Replacement

I finally removed the dried out crusty Duraliner from my s10 and replaced with a rubber bed mat. I did not make this decisions lightly. I really liked the Duraliner because of the protection it yielded to the sides of the bed but the top portion was bowing up and flapping around. I was scared the Duraliner would catch a good breeze and fly right off the truck while traveling down the highway. It just did not look good anymore so it was time for replacement. The replacement is actually a mat I found about a year ago kicked to the side of the curb. It was thrown out with a bunch of Ford Bronco and F150 parts. The mat was NOS and still in the original Ford packaging! I removed the mat from its packaging and then placed the Duraliner on top and used a piece of chalk to outline the bottom and then went to work cutting with a razor and scissors. It looks really good if I say so myself. The inside of the bed looks brand new since it was so well protected by the Duraliner over the years. Inside of the bed looks new and the rest does not...:) I am also glad that I finally have access to the cargo hooks for tying things down...that is a plus! I have learned that with time and patience just about any project can come together in nice fashion. Check out my work...

Comments

Popular Posts