Vintage Western Flyer 10 Speed

I finally had time to take all of my scrap metal to the recycling center today....472 pounds worth. I have a trade arrangement with the owner that when he has cool vintage bikes that I like that I take those on trade instead of taking the cash. I lucked out and scored a nice Western Flyer 10 speed and a Schwinn Stingray bike. I am not sure if the Stingray is original or a reproduction. I will examine it more to determine. The Western Flyer cleaned up very nicely! I spent about 4 hours cleaning and polishing the bike today and it looks practically brand new. I rewrapped the bars in French Blue cloth tape and basically just maintenanced and cleaned! I was really surprised to see how nice the bike actually was under all the crud! I still have to replace the tube on the rear wheel so I will take care of that in the next few weeks . For now I am going to enjoy the bike! I hope I score again the next time I visit the scrap yard!!! Here is a before picture...I will try and post an after picture on Friday! Enjoy! I posted after pictures of the Western Flyer 10 speed...fresh french blue handle bar wrap, new front reflector and 4 hours of serious cleaning and polishing! This bike looks practically brand new! Nice find!

Comments

Unknown said…
what year is your western flyer
Unknown said…
what year is your western flyer
Unknown said…
I won a walkathon for cancer in my town back in the mid seventies and this same bike was what they gave the winner. It was my first ten speed. I was in 6th grade. These bikes originally had light blue soft seats, at least mine did.

Popular Posts